Monday, September 13, 2010

Family Update

We have family far away that has asked us to write a letter each week with everything new going on in our family for the week to better keep in touch. I've decided to kill two birds with one stone and use my blog as my update! So from here on out I will try to update my blog each week. Wish me luck!

Eldon had a rough week, even though it was short thanks to Labor Day. He came home from work Tuesday saying he felt like he was getting sick. He stayed home Wednesday with some sort of stomach flu. He worked Thursday even though he still didn't feel good and Friday only complained of a sore throat. Saturday did not help him feel much better since BYU lost their football game. He started feeling sick again, but for different reasons.

Sara turned 36 on Sunday and the happiest part of the week and day was knowing she didn't have to do sharing time!!!! We had regional conference on Sunday! I know you're all thinking, "Wow! Sara is that old, she doesn't look a day older than 29!" Ha Ha!!!

Sunday night we ate dinner at G&G Tuckett's house and Sara didn't have to help with any part of the meal! Spoiled! Here she is just before blowing out the candles on her chocolate eclair dessert!

She had a great birthday and feels blessed to have so many wonderful people to share in her celebration!

Not much exciting happened in Julia's life last week. They got their first loss of the soccer season and then played a practice game against a boys team their age and lost that too. This week will be better, especially since she gets to play Erica's team! Always fun to play against the cousins! Next week I'll try to get a photo of Julia's soccer team doing pushups after their game and the story behind it.

Emma started adaptive soccer on Saturday. This is a league for kids with special needs and they each have a buddy assigned to help them. The kids pretty much just took turns kicking the ball into the goal. Emma kept track of how many goals she scored. She would raise both arms up, clap and say 1 point after each goal!


Andrew started preschool at Wise and Wonderful on Tuesday. He let me take a picture of him at home and at the preschool door, but he wouldn't let me take a picture of him with his teacher, Aunt Kelly. I guess he doesn't talk to her much:) Andrew is one of 11 boys in his class and only 4 girls, but we think it's pretty funny that his best friend in class so far is not one of the other boys. Her name is Alyssa!



AJ found a new friend at my parents house yesterday. "My Little Buddy" was Jeremy's baby when he was young and now the grandkids love to play with him, even though he's not LITTLE like his name suggests! It was funny to see AJ try and drag him around even though the doll is almost as big as him!

4 comments:

Annalyse said...

What a great idea! I love your weekly update. I will read it each week faithfully.

Glad you had a great birthday! You deserve it. Let's try to get together after soccer is over. Sometime in October sounds great to me.

You have such a cute family.

Love ya!!!

Jon said...

"My Little Buddy" looks like Chucky

Jean McKendrick said...

Happy Birthday Sara! You don't look a day older than when I met you at Ricks. :) You are as cute as ever.
What do you do in primary (you said you didn't have to do sharing time)?

Sara said...

Jean, I'm the 1st counselor. Luckily I don't have to do scouts. Just sharing time for a month every three months, and I'm over Activity Days. I've got it pretty easy:) Are you still in the Primary? I know you were President at one time. Is that still your calling?