Thursday, June 17, 2010

Memorial Day Hike

We hiked the Y first thing Memorial Day morning. It was a great way to start the day. We got to look over the great valley we live in and think of those who have and who still do sacrifice their own lives for our freedoms.






Jeanna sitting on the Y! She didn't think she would make it, but she did awesome!!!










Julia, Lisa and I climbed on the Y from the bottom to the top. It was a little scary and a little rough on the hands, but it felt great once we made it. That was my first time on the very top!

The view was breathtaking! I think a Memorial Day hike should be a new family tradition!

3 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

Awesome you did that! I have never climbed that either, maybe some day. :)

Greg and Heather said...

Looks like you had a great time. Great pictures! How fun for you guys to do that all together. I'm sure that the kids will always remember it.

Tara said...

What a great outing. I've never taken my kids to do it and it's been so long since I have so maybe I'll just have to try to get to it when we come to Utah. Sounds like fun!