Sunday, August 8, 2010

Arches National Park

Day 2 of our reunion found us at Arches National Park. Our first stop in the park was Balancing Rock.

The kids had a great time climbing around on the slick rock trying to put themselves in any crevice they could find. One thing we learned about slick rock is that it's a lot easier to get up than it is to get down:)

There's an arch in the back ground here. I think it's double arch. It was a fun, short hike the kids really enjoyed, especially climbing around on the slick rock. I forgot to take my camera on the hike so I didn't get anymore pictures.


Delicate Arch will have to remain on our to-do list because the kids were done hiking for the day by the time we made it to this one. This is as close as we got.

Arches is a beautiful place! I can't wait to go back some day!

3 comments:

Tara said...

It's crazy that you're doing all the same sites that we just did--Mesa Verde and Arches. We didn't get any closer to the Delicate Arch, either. It was just too hot for us. Still a great place to visit.

Jean McKendrick said...

I have never been to Arches. Some day! Looks like a very fun vacation. Hot though??

Sonja said...

I love Arches. It looks like you are really enjoying your summer. I can't believe it is almost over.