Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The "Y"

Every time we drive north of Provo Andrew sees the "Y" on the mountain tells everyone in the car about the "Y" like it's the first time any of us has ever seen it. It is so cute! When we hiked the "Y" earlier this summer I didn't take Andrew because I didn't think he could do it. I decided we would try it by ourselves and see how far we could make it. Andrew was such a good little hiker. A few times he asked to turn around, but then he would get distracted and we would keep going. We made it to the bottom of the "Y". I was so proud of Andrew for making it all the way. We sat down on the "Y" and turned around to look at how huge it is and then started back down. As we left Andrew said, "Mom, what about the little "Y". He didn't realize that the little "Y" he sees on the mountain is actually huge. Poor kid was a little confused.
I left my camera in the car (boohoo) so this is a view of Provo from our car after the hike.

The view of the "Y" from our car.

3 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

That's impressive he could hike that far!!

Tara said...

He's my kind of kid, loving the "Y" and all! That's great that he made it all the way up, that's a hard hike!

So cute that he wondered about the little "Y", I can totally see how that would be confusing.

Stefany said...

Hey!! Surprise!!! I found your blog...hooray!!! Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for watching Corb last night. I hope he was good for you. Let us know if you ever need a sitter!