Thursday, July 24, 2008

The 2nd Leg

The second part of our vacation was a 12 hour drive from Bear Lake to The Dalles, OR. We were all sleep-deprived and sun-burned, but, surprisingly enough, our kids tolerated the drive way better than we thought they would. Andrew only had one meltdown and it wasn't until the last hour of the drive. The sun was shining in his eyes and he didn't like it. He ended up wearing mommy's sunglasses, which felt more comfortable to him upsidedown. I wish I would have been able to take a picture of it, but the battery in my camera was dead. Our camera's battery needs to be replaced. One of the downsides of this leg of the vacation was that I only got to take 4 pictures. Some of that was my fault because I was too lazy to get the camera out, but most of it was because the battery was dead.
I would definitely have taken pictures of our awesome white water rafting experience down the Deschutes River. That experience was amazing, exciting, dangerous, exhilerating, scary, beautiful, tiring and many more things all rolled into one afternoon.
I did get a few shots of us at Multnomah Falls on our way to Portland.




In Portland we spent a fun day shopping at various outlets, meeting all the family for dinner, and then heading to the baseball park to watch a triple A baseball game. Emma and I were only at the game for about 30 minutes, but that was even too long for her. She was very tired and again doesn't do well with loud noises so the cheering crowd and loud speaker were too much for her to handle.
I didn't get any pictures of the kids playing in Kari and Eric's fun backyard or swimming in their pool. I also didn't get any pictures of Logan at his baptism which was the very reason for the trip in the first place. I definitely need to do better about getting the camera out and taking pictures, but after this vacation we also realize that we need to invest in a new camera or at least a new battery for our camera.

All in all we had a great vacation. The kids did pretty good on the drive home, and we were all very excited to be home and sleep in our own beds:)

1 comment:

Randi said...

Hey Sara! Found your blog thru the SF '92 one. Such a cute family you have! I had to comment on this post because we were at Multnomah Falls last year on our way to my sister's house in Salem, OR. It's so pretty there. Anyway, looks like you had a fun trip and I can totally relate to how long that drive is to the Dalles! Ugh!